If you read the story or heard it on the radio, you have found that my name has been associated with the allegations. Let me set out a few points about this story as it relates to me and the Sewer District. They are as follows:
- The price-fixing allegations stem from a State Inspector General investigation.
- In gathering information, the investigators asked a trucking contractor through a subpoena for information about public officials he entertained over a specified period of time. The contractor was Frank Bianchi of Granger Trucking.
- Frank Bianchi, through his attorney, sent a letter to the investigators listing public officials he claimed to have entertained.
- The list includes a section titled “Lunch – All Lunches less that (sic) $50" and includes me—as Director of NEORSD—at Delmonico's in May of 2007.
- I did not start with the District until November 1, 2007.
- As I told the reporter who called me, I do not recall ever having a meal with this individual.
- Deputy Executive Director Mike Bucci and I did in fact meet with Frank Bianchi at Delmonico's on June 2, 2008 after work to discuss the involvement of his firm in our MBE/WBE program.
- Neither Mike nor I had dinner, but I did use my credit card to pay for drinks that we had. I have the receipt that was cashed out at 7:07 p.m. on that day.
- Most importantly, I have nothing to do with the salt industry. Never have.
Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District