If you read the story or heard it on the radio, you have found that my name has been associated with the allegations. Let me set out a few points about this story as it relates to me and the Sewer District. They are as follows:
- The price-fixing allegations stem from a State Inspector General investigation.
- In gathering information, the investigators asked a trucking contractor through a subpoena for information about public officials he entertained over a specified period of time. The contractor was Frank Bianchi of Granger Trucking.
- Frank Bianchi, through his attorney, sent a letter to the investigators listing public officials he claimed to have entertained.
- The list includes a section titled “Lunch – All Lunches less that (sic) $50" and includes me—as Director of NEORSD—at Delmonico's in May of 2007.
- I did not start with the District until November 1, 2007.
- As I told the reporter who called me, I do not recall ever having a meal with this individual.
- Deputy Executive Director Mike Bucci and I did in fact meet with Frank Bianchi at Delmonico's on June 2, 2008 after work to discuss the involvement of his firm in our MBE/WBE program.
- Neither Mike nor I had dinner, but I did use my credit card to pay for drinks that we had. I have the receipt that was cashed out at 7:07 p.m. on that day.
- Most importantly, I have nothing to do with the salt industry. Never have.
Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments. We try to review and post comments the next business day. Posts containing obscenity, indecency, profanity, threats, or defamation will not be posted. See our Comment Policy for details.