|Construction underway at the Easterly Treatment Plant.|
Today, the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District’s Board of Trustees unanimously adopted the 2017 through 2021 rate schedule effective January 1, 2017.
Beginning January 1, the Sewer District also moves to monthly billing for sewer rates for Cleveland Water customers. The move is based on its billing agent Cleveland Water making its transition away from quarterly billing. All non-Cleveland Water customers will continue to be billed quarterly.
Projected monthly average residential bills from 2017 through 2021—based on our customers' average water consumption of 4,675 gallons per month—for Subdistrict 1 (Cleveland) and Subdistrict 2 (suburbs) can be found online.
Sewer District rates are set every five years following a comprehensive study of anticipated expenditures. Officials thoroughly analyze a variety of factors, including:
- Planned infrastructure investment projects
- Maintenance and repair of existing sewers
- Increased capacity at wastewater treatment facilities
- Other construction projects including Project Clean Lake’s federally mandated construction
- Anticipated increases in chemical and energy costs
- Existing and future debt service requirements
The fees for the Regional Stormwater Management Program per ERU (Equivalent Residential Unit) will not change during this rate cycle.